Monday, October 8, 2012

Monstoberfest at Rothick Art Haus

This Saturday is the 3rd annual Monsteberfest at Rothick Art Haus. I made a stuffed friend for the show, and a huge mess in my house. see below.
Unfortunately, I will not be in town for the opening, but anybody who is within driving distance to Anaheim this Saturday should do themselves a favor and check it out. Irene Mendonis, adorable spritely fabricator extraordinaire, has curated a killer show for you. While dropping off my little dude at the gallery, I got to see a ton of really cool work from the other artists. A fair amount of what I saw was painting, but I did lay eyes on a particularly bitchin' papier mache sculpture of a 2-headed girl. Gonna have to check and see who made it. Here's my dude:
She/he/it is made of various plush, with a string of innards you can pull out of the chest cavity including lungs, a heart, a liver, large and small intestine. The empty cavity is lined with pink ostrich-skin plush. The cheeks are felted fleece, claws, ribs and teeth are vinyl, and eyes are flocked buttons. This dude is about 40" tall and 28" wide. Pretty silly. Monstoberfest opens Saturday, October 13 at 7 pm. Rothick Art Haus is located at 170 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim CA 92805

No comments: