Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Work for Rothick's Anniversary Show

Rothick Art Haus in Anaheim has so graciously invited me to participate in their anniversary show opening Saturday, July 14 and running through August 4, 2012 This piece was started in January and abandoned shortly after I cut all the wood. As I am the original Last-minute-Larry (Larry is my real name.) the varnish was poured on this morning and I'm about to drive it to the gallery NOW. Naturally, these photos are from my phone and there's a ton of glare from my obsessive over-varnishing. Maybe I'll talk somebody into taking a real photo for me. Or you'll just have to come check it out in person.
"I Will Ruin This" Acrylic, wood, polymer clay, gold leaf, velvet. 8"x14"x2"
Rothick Art Haus Anniversary Show Opening reception: Saturday July 14, 2012 7-10 PM 170 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92805