Friday, February 7, 2014

DELICIOUS BUT EERIE FORTUNE COOKIE PREDICTS ARTIST RESIDENCY

That's the headline in the paper today. no joke.
I enjoyed a delicious Chinese dinner with my family on Christmas Eve. When I opened my fortune cookie, I found………THIS:



While I am not supersticious, I do believe the universe aligns itself in strange and exciting ways sometimes. This is the first fortune that has offered anything more than a vague personality assessment or some lotto numbers. This one is really for ME, and is relevant, and --lets be honest-- kick ass.

I just so happen to be TRAVELLING EAST.
ON SUNDAY.
I’m heading to Jacksonville, Florida for a 2-week residency at the amazing CoRK Arts District. I have mailed 2 boxes of art, 2 boxes of house paint, and 2 boxes of supplies…which should be enough to make something pretty killer with all that unadulterated art-making time.

Halfway through my stay I will be joined by my incredibly talented boyfriend Aaron Brown. We are planning a large collaborative painting/installation.

Our show, INTERLOPERS, opens Friday, February 21 from 6-10 at CoRK Arts District.
2689 Rosselle Street, Jacksonville, Florida 32204


While I am there I plan to see some swamps, the oldest city in the United States, my adorable cousin, and meet a ton of amazing artists. Any suggestions on things to see or do are EXTREMELY welcome! If you’re in the area, please come out and say hi!

No comments: