Thursday, September 26, 2013

Skate Deck and a love for the LBC

Hey!  It's been a minute.  Here's a quick review of what'sagoinon:
The magnificient Mickey Kyle is revamping my website.  Soon I will be so professional.  You won't even recognize me.
My coffin for Boxes of Death sold to a good home.
Bad Cop/Bad Cop is in the studio again, recording some new jams.
I have work in 2 fun events this Saturday:

First - Plywood for Peace: A Benefit for Bridge To Skate
This is a silent auction, raising money to buy skateboards for disadvantaged kids.  A ton of fun paintings on recycled skate decks will be available.  Mine is titled "Pigboy" and may or may not be based on real persons.
Plywood for Peace opens at 7:00 pm at the ARTery
inside The LAB, 2930 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 

Next, Phone Booth Gallery is hosting LOCALS ONLY: Long Beach themed art from Long Beach based Artists.  The flagship image for this show is from the amazing Ryan Milner, and I believe a limited run of prints will be for sale at the opening.  I am buying at least 2.  So wait for me.
LOCALS ONLY promises to be a comprehensive exhibition of Long Beach pop illustrators, and a hell of a party.  So don't miss it!  I'm exhibiting a piece from my "permanent collection" (read: hangs in my home because I am a narcissist).  Not saying exactly which piece, but it does feature my favorite Long Beach resident of all time.  

Locals Only opening reception is from 7-10 PM
Phone Booth Gallery, 2533 East Broadway, Long Beach, CA 


No comments: